Parliament Hill Day 2012
On October 23, 2012, ACEC’s Parliament Hill Day brought representatives of the consulting engineering sector to Ottawa from across Canada for meetings with over 40 Members of Parliament.
ACEC’s continued call for a long-term infrastructure plan was delivered to Parliamentarians via three key messages:
- Canada needs a long-term infrastructure plan
- Predictable, sustainable investment allows the development and allocation of resources to effectively plan, finance, design, construct and operate infrastructure projects.
- We need to invest in infrastructure wisely
- Asset management determines the current state and future demand for infrastructure so that life-cycle savings are achieved through sufficient and prudent investment.
- ACEC can help
- ACEC and its membership have extensive expertise in infrastructure to ensure that a long-term infrastructure program is effective, efficient and provides value to Canadian taxpayers.
ACEC received support on both sides of the House of Commons and many MPs wrote letters of support to the Minister of Finance and the Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities endorsing ACEC’s position.
On Parliament Hill Day, during Question Period, Ted Hsu, MP for Kingston and the Islands rose to pay tribute to the important contribution of consulting engineers to Canada.