One-day seminars tailored to the specific needs of the consulting engineering industry have been developed by ACEC in collaboration with DFS Seminars. These trainings are offered in collaboration with ACEC Member Organizations (MOs). Seminars are offered to ACEC members at discounted rates.
- Comprehensive PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive discussion led by DFS instructor
- Course materials on USB stick for immediate reference
Did you know?
- Clients are also encouraged to attend
- Seminars likely qualify as 6 hours of ongoing professional development in many jurisdictions
- ACEC can work with DFS to develop or customize other seminars on topics of interest to members
ACEC-DFS Seminars offered:
Establishing an Effective Integrity Management System
Learn how to develop an integrity management system that will protect your firm and your reputation, and gain valuable tools and insight that will help you tailor your integrity management system to meet the needs of your business and your clients.
This seminar covers:
- Principles of integrity management for consulting engineering firms, as developed by the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC); applicable to Canadian firms
- Tools to allow Canadian consulting engineering firms to establish their own integrity management systems
- Review of applicable laws – FCPA, CFPOA, along with domestic (Canadian) laws that address corruption, conflict of interest, collusion, etc.
- Controlling client entertainment and gifts
- Designing specialized training programs, with guidance on sources of training materials
- Maintaining auditable records
- Interacting with foreign clients and representatives
Managing Risks through Contracts
Understand the structure and importance of the consulting agreement. In this interactive session, you will learn about:
- Professional Services Agreement (PSA) as one of several links in the Project Delivery Chain
- Key elements and clauses of PSAs
- Risk management concepts and the interdependence of all PSA sections
- How to deal with common contracting issues and put new ideas into action right away
This seminar was developed by DFS Seminars (DFS) in collaboration with ACEC using Document 31 as a guide. ACEC has partnered with DFS to provide training on the ACEC suite of standard forms of agreements and contracting best practices.
This “must attend” seminar is targeted to Principals, Project Managers and aspiring Managers.
Seminars were held in cooperation with MOs ACEC-NB, ACEC-BC, ACEC-MB and ACEC-SK. Participant feedback was very positive:
Excellent course. I learned a lot and will definitely use what I learned in future projects. Thank you.
- “Overall training was excellent. Presenter was well-versed in all topics and included everyone in the discussions.”
- “Very good discussion with group on topic. I would send other managers in our office to a similar course.”