Why Become an ACEC Member?
As an organization, our greatest strength is our member firms. Companies that belong to ACEC, through our 12 provincial and territorial Member Organizations, enjoy unparalleled opportunities for professional networking and growth. The principals and employees of our member firms are able to participate in Canada’s only business and lobbying community designed specifically for consulting engineering companies. As well, members can take advantage of professional development programs designed specifically for the consulting engineering community.
Here's a sample of what ACEC members have said about the value of their participation:
- “As our business interests change, it’s good to know that I have somewhere to go to bounce my ideas off others in the same industry”
- Mike Okun, P. Eng., Northwest Hydraulic Consultants
- “In government circles, the voice of 500 firms is much louder and more effective than the voice of a single firm.”
- Hector Jacques, P. Eng., Jacques Whitford/Stantec Ltd.
- “ACEC and its Member Organizations’ committees provide me with a positive opportunity to contribute to the future of our industry in a constructive and meaningful way”
- Peter Boyd, P. Eng., Delcan
- “The ACEC Awards Program provides an excellent opportunity for our industry, and for individual firms, to celebrate the breadth of our contribution to society, the environment, and the economy.”
- André Dupras, ing. Dupras Ledoux
- “ACEC provides an effective voice of our concerns with the federal government, while protecting our anonymity on sensitive issues.”
- John Boyd, P. Eng., Golder Associates
- “Participation in ACEC and its Member Organizations has exposed me to parts of Canada I never thought I would visit, and has introduced me to people with whom I have subsequently worked.”
- Darrel Danyluk, P. Eng., Earth Tech Inc.
- “ACEC’s role in generating standard agreements that are widely recognized in the industry helps to save us all time and ambiguity in our business relations with clients and sub-consultants.”
- Ken Reeder, P. Eng., Stantec
- “ACEC’s stewardship of the national professional liability insurance program (provided by ENCON) has helped to provide competitive rates and uncompromised claims service to participating members for over 40 years.”
- Ron Wilson, P. Eng., Morrison Hershfield
- “In a market defined by intense competition and changing conditions, it is reassuring to know that there is a strong voice in Canada promoting the selection of consulting engineers on the basis of qualifications, as the best way to encourage innovation and reduce life-cycle costs for clients.”
- Dave Chalcroft, P. Eng., AECOM
- “With the support of ACEC’s international program, I was able to explore my own business opportunities and broaden my client base.”
- Rui F. De Carvalho, M. Eng., P. Eng., R. J. Burnside & Associates Limited