Founding Maple Leaf Gold Partner
A Leader in Providing Professional Liability Insurance to Engineers
As a leading managing general agent, ENCON Group Inc. develops and administers professional liability, construction and group benefits insurance programs, which are available through licensed brokers across Canada.
ENCON provides professional liability insurance for a wide range of architectural and engineering firms, from small, single practitioner operations to multinational, multidisciplinary firms with tens of millions of dollars in billed fees. Their products help to safeguard design professionals, and their businesses, from claims and allegations of professional negligence.
ENCON's Claims Expertise Sets them Apart
ENCON's strong reputation in the marketplace reflects their ability to efficiently and effectively defend their clients. ENCON's highly specialized team of analysts, adjusters and legal counsel ensures that claims are managed proactively throughout the entire life of a claim. And most importantly, ENCON keep their clients apprised of what to expect every step along the way.
ENCON has earned the endorsement of both the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies (ACEC) and Engineers Canada since 1969, and continues to collaborate with these associations to ensure a program that offers stability and longevity to their members.
ENCON's Loss Control Program
Benefit from the knowledge that they've gained as a provider of professional liability insurance to architects and engineers for more than 40 years. As leaders in loss prevention education, they offer a range of resources to our clients, including:
- The eLearning Centre, home to our first online course called "Managing Risk Through Written Contracts."
- Loss Control Seminars, for design consultants, which are held in more than nine cities across Canada.
- Loss Control Bulletins and other information that deal with loss prevention topics of interest to their insureds and brokers. These materials are designed to educate insureds on how to minimize their exposure to potential liabilities.
- Claims Examples show the potential liability exposures facing professionals in our industry.
- Contract review service
- Small firm toll free phone number (1-800-737-4243)
eLearning Centre Provides a Convenient Way to Learn About Loss Prevention
ENCON's first interactive online course, "Managing Risk Through Written Contracts," provides you with a number of practical tips to manage unintended or unexpected risks when developing contracts. It includes:
- Mini quizzes and case studies
- The ENCON Challenge - a realistic design and construction project scenario that lets you apply your new knowledge. Your responses determine the liability facing you and your fictional firm.
- The final quiz which requires a minimum score to receive a course completion certificate.
Benefits for Insureds:
- The course is free for the staff members of firms insured with ENCON. (Access to this online loss prevention resource is limited to ENCON policyholders and the network of brokers who work with them exclusively.)
- Staff members who take the course are eligible for technical continuing education credit(s) with their provincial regulatory body.
- For each course completion, insured firms will receive a premium credit towards their ENCON professional liability premium, which will be processed within 30 days after the renewal date.
For more information on eLearning, click here.
To see their demo of the first eLearning course, click here.